Of all the ultra-marathons in the world, it is the race with the largest number of participants. In 2007, I was one of the 12,000 brave souls who lined up in Pietermaritzburg to challenge the 90km course through KwaZulu-Natal that is the Comrades Marathon.
- The Comrades Marathon — by Barnaby McBryde — last modified 2008-06-17 03:21 AM
- Flying home to New Zealand from South Africa after the race, the man beside me turned and asked - 'are you a writer?' I could understand why he asked. I had spent hours scrawling away in my black-bound book. 'No, no,' I replied. What follows may prove what the correct answer should have been.
- The Comrades Marathon (continued) — by Barnaby McBryde — last modified 2008-06-26 07:00 PM
- The Comrades Marathon (continued 2) — by Barnaby McBryde — last modified 2008-06-26 09:51 PM
- The Comrades Marathon (continued 3) — by Barnaby McBryde — last modified 2008-07-03 04:06 AM